April 23, 2009By The Editor

POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Dozens of dogs had to be euthanized at an animal shelter in Pomona after becoming infected with parvovirus.

The Inland Valley Humane Society said it had to euthanize about 50 infected dogs and puppies after officials discovered the parvo outbreak last week.

Canine parvovirus is highly contagious. It attacks the lining of the digestive system and prevents the animal from absorbing liquids and nutrients. Dogs can die of dehydration after being infected with the parvovirus.

Puppies are especially at risk because their immune systems are not fully developed...

Read the story... | Source: ABC7 | Posted: 4/23/09

Note: Some sources may require registration

The Editor - ChinoHills.com

Comments


No comments found.


Submit New Comment


Please login to submit a comment.

Don't have an account? Click to register for free.


Comment via Facebook




subscribe to our newsletter...

Subscribe Unsubscribe

Visit News Message Archives

Featured Past Articles

The San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors approved a budget for the provision of police service >>
At approximately 9:00 PM on Thursday night, a mid-size car veered off the road about quarter mile no >>
This TBM-3E Avenger was one of the three Grumman TBMs flying at the show. The experience of 22 warb >>


GNC in Chino Hills

Advertise on ChinoHills.com